This year (2015) has been an insane and crazy year for me. For some unknown reason, I decided to audition for the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. For my 31 Days writing challenge, I am going to be chronicling my journey from Melinda, stay-at-home homeschooling mother of two, to Princess Sophia Jagiellon of Poland, visitor to Canterbury and guest of his Royal Majesty, King Henry VIII.
This is going to be fun!
- Recruiting Party
- Character Survey
- First Meetings and First Feast
- Looking like a princess
- The Nubian Court
- Rehearsals with my sisters
- The Coronation Ceremony
- Rehearsals at the Faire Site
- Gimme Just One Day
- The Romani Revel
- What do you mean I have to dance?
- The Music of the Renaissance Festival
- Family Life…. or is it Fairmly?
- The Vendors of the Renaissance Festival
- The Food of the Renaissance Festival
- Wonders of the World
- Highland Fling
- Pet Fest
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans
- Princess Sophia
- Why I am a Street Character at a Renaissance Festival
- I don’t believe in Mermaids or Fairies
- Last Day
- Guest Post