Today’s list is in relation to my current job, my position, my career. For those who don’t know, I have been work for Cavern Technologies in Lenexa, KS as the Network and IT administrator. Which is totally cool and awesome and a great step for me! Except that I’ve been the only one doing it for 3ish months. Cavern Tech was “acquired” by LightEdge Solutions last year, and while it’s going to be a process, I’m going to be transitioning into a new role of OS Management. I’ve already started. So here goes my gratitude list for the day.
- I have had an amazing manager, who took a huge risk to hire me as a network admin without the necessary experience.
- I have an amazing new manager, who realizes that it’s not an all-or-nothing process, that it’s going to take time to join his team completely.
- I have a new to me Women’s IT group that is perfect for me. Women in Security KC. I appreciate that it’s not strictly coding, that it’s more about what I do enjoy with IT and computers.
- Actually, with the exception of one, I’ve had fantastic managers all around.
- I’m grateful that I feel like I’m narrowing down my focus in IT a little bit more every year.
- I’m thankful that I didn’t have much scheduled for today and could take my new boss on a tour of my data center.
- I’m grateful for my favorite restaurant that I could eat a hamburger today.
That’s it for today. I’m grateful for my chosen career and how it seems to be advancing. I’m happy in my work and I hope everyone gets to experience that at least once in their lives.