Okay, so it’s not quite New Year’s Day, but I’m ready to post my “resolutions.” Except that they aren’t really resolutions as much as things I want to accomplish.
- Read (or listen) to the Bible every day. I’d like to read through it in a year, but it’s really about consistency.
- To eat less fast food
- To drink less soda
- To start tying all my bits and pieces of story ideas into the book that’s been forming.
- To post more gratitude on this blog. I’m not committing to daily, but at least once a week should be reasonable, right?
- To find an exercise that I will enjoy and stick with on a regular basis.
That’s not too ambitious a list, is it? These things are what I want to reach for, I’m just not going to beat myself up if I don’t manage all of it. It’s goals. Not deadlines.
As far as Gratitudes, here’s a list for today.
- I am thankful that I have a job that lets me see the sunrise and the sunset. Granted, it’s in the opposite direction of where I’m driving, but it’s still beautiful.
- I’m thankful I have a job that I’m valued and useful. It seems like I might be too valued, but that’s okay. They will adjust.
- I’m thankful for my husband who knows when I say I need to sleep, just lets me sleep. I might not be able to get 8 hours every night, but I have to have more than 5 and a half.
- I’m thankful for farm fresh eggs and deviled eggs. Yummy.
I hope you have a happy and meaningful new year, and may God bless you and yours.