Got your attention, didn’t I? I had a friend that posted the following on Facebook this morning:
If all people claiming to be followers of Christ read their bible even half as much as they read Facebook….what goes in must come out
I am convicted.
I am on Facebook entirely too much to be in a healthy relationship with God. I’m going to follow Dale’s example and try not to be on Facebook as much. I don’t know if I will be successful in my attempt, but I’m going to try.
What does that look like? Well, deleting the app from my phone so that it’s not the first thing I turn to in the morning, mid-morning, afternoon, evening, before bed. It’s only checking Facebook if I’m on my laptop.
It’s putting my Bible app in the place that Facebook used to be and turning to it, first. It’s taking the opportunity to read my Bible instead of Facebook.
Reasons I love Dale:
194. He is very supportive.
195. He is family oriented.
Example for 194 and 195: My little sister asked me to come help her out for a few days. He didn’t hesitate in telling me to go.
196. He is caring. He’s having a bit of trouble at work with a co-worker, and it’s primarily because he doesn’t want to hurt the co-worker’s feelings.
197. I love the way he starts randomly singing in the middle of nowhere.
198. His complete lack of attention. We’ve been talking about Winterjam being the same weekend as Boo’s birthday, and about Princess’s boyfriend, Prince and his family coming for Winterjam, for probably a month. But when I reminded him about it today, he had no clue. It frustrates me, but it’s also part of who he is, and I love him for it.
199. And his complete attention to detail. He works really hard at work and makes sure the little things get taken care of. Sometimes, because he’s the only one who takes care of them.
200. He loves his mom. That means a lot to me.
If you have read this far, I have a favor to ask of you. If you could, please pray for my little sister Amber and her wife Andra. Andra has breast cancer and is having difficulties with her chemotherapy treatments. She’s in the hospital right now with a pretty severe infection. I’m headed down tomorrow to give Amber a bit of break with the baby. Thank you.