It’s time for me to get back to the purpose of this blog. While writing about the Renaissance Festival has been fun, I want to get back to being thankful, being grateful everyday.
That being said, I’ve got quite a bit to catch up on. 53 days to be precise. So…. I’m going to try to average 5 days at a time until I’ve caught up with myself. Okay?
Okay. So, let’s get started.
October 1: 3 gifts orange
- Oranges 919
- Fall leaves 920
- Candy Corn – it brings back memories of my mom. 921
October 2: 3 gifts falling
- Leaves on the trees. 922
- The first snow. 923
- The price of gas is falling. (Technically, it’s November 22, and gas is $1.79). 924
October 3: a gift caught, let go, mid-way
- I caught the gift of writing from my dad. 925
- The dream of having another baby. That has freed me up to open my heart to Princess. 926
- Patience. I’m working on it. 927
October 4: 3 gifts reaped – To reap means to gather, to harvest, to glean
- Princess. We’ve adopted a new member of our family. She is a gift and a blessing. 928
- Understanding. Every time I read the Bible, every time I read God’s word, I glean another kernel of understanding. 929
- Recipes. I’ve been reaping recipes that you don’t have to cook in the oven. 930
October 5: 3 gifts returned
- Stress – Good stress, bad stress. I’m giving it back. 931
- My sister’s piano. Well, it hasn’t been returned yet, but it will be. And it was such a gift that she loaned it to us. 932
- Sympathy. I don’t like having sympathy for myself, but I will return it when it is needed. 933
Okay, that’s enough for tonight. I’ll try and do 5 more tomorrow. 🙂 Until then.