Today is my Momma’s birthday. She would have been 63 today. She was a beautiful woman with a kind and generous soul. She rooted for the underdog and cared for all those kids who needed a Momma. I’m always thankful that she is no longer in pain, and no longer sick. (776)
But I sure do miss her.
This is a picture of her with her granddaughters. She loved them fiercely. (777)
I had to work promo hours for Ren Fest yesterday. 4 promos in 24 hours. I’m tired today. These are the days I’m not sure I will ever get ahead. So maybe I will settle for catching up.
August 20: 3 gifts of serving
- Sacrifice. (778)
- A change of attitude. (779)
- A softening of heart. (780)
August 21: A gift straight, curve, turn
- Momma’s tape measure. She had one that measured 180″ instead of the normal ones. It’s been nice to have. (781)
- A smile. (782)
- Repentance. (783)
August 22: 3 gifts in light
- Daddy took a picture of my grandma a long time ago. It’s all light and shadow and one of the reasons I love photography. (784)
- Sunsets. (785)
- Early morning sunlight through the kitchen window. (786)
August 23: 3 gifts old
- Momma’s kitchen mantle clock. (787)
- My table. (788)
- My pickle castor. (789)
I’ve got to wrap it up. I’m trying to have a Skype conversation with my “sisters,” and we’re still trying to get the bugs worked out. Until we meet again.