It’s going to take me some time to catch up on my joy dare. Not because I’m not grateful. I’ve been so busy, that I haven’t had as much time as I would like.
In one way, the Renaissance Festival has been very good for me, because I stay busy all the time. In another way, not so good, because I stay busy. All. The. Time. But I’m developing relationships, which is why I auditioned in the first place.
There is the young lady who’s grandmother just passed away. She travels to rehearsals with her dog, and has been known to camp nearby.
There’s a young girl who’s father is extremely ill. She joined because her father wanted to and can’t.
There’s the tall young man who seems to be battling depression. There’s the young lady with a traumatic brain injury that struggles to fit in. There’s the merman, the stage manager, the gypsy, the king. They all have their own stories. And I am learning to be a part of this group. It’s been interesting.
So… back to the Joy Dare. By my count, I have to catch up on 23 days worth of gratitude. I think I’ll break them up into 3 parts: 8, 8, and 7. Sound good? Let’s start.
July 14: 3 gifts yellow
- Daffodils. (660)
- Bananas. (661)
- Minions – I LOVE the Minions. I think they are funny. (662)
July 15: 3 gifts of stone
- I found a little stone elephant that the girls had given me for a present. (663)
- Boo’s heart shaped rock collection. (664)
- Caves. God made beautiful things both above and below the surface of the earth. (665)
July 16: 3 gifts hanging down
- Ceiling fans. (666)
- My big calendar. (667)
- The Cardinal Christmas quilt. (668)
July 17: 3 gifts learned
- Crochet lessons from my mother (669)
- Quilting. (670)
- Happiness. (671)
July 18: 3 gifts musical
- Surprise tickets for my girls. They are going to be so excited. (672)
- Piano lessons. (673)
- Sight reading. (674)
July 19: 3 gifts baked
- Cookies. (675)
- Coronation Cake. (676)
- Chicken Pot Pie. (677)
July 20: A gift in light, dark, shadow
- Sunrise. (678)
- Meteor Showers (679)
- One of the pictures that was taken during the Coronation Ceremony is half shadow. It’s beautiful. (680) The picture is by Wolf Photography.
July 21: 3 gifts of story
- Grandpa’s book that he wrote before he passed away. (681)
- Even though he didn’t get to finish his book, the stories that my dad told us about Africa. (682)
- Writing my own story has been a gift to myself. I’m not used to putting it in words. It’s such a relief. (683)
Well, it’s time for me to get going on my day. I’ll try to get to part 2 tomorrow. Today, I need to go grocery shopping (684) and work on school assignments for my children (685). Homeschooling them is a gift. A hard wonderful gift.