Remember what I said about the whirlwind? No? I have felt like I have lived in a whirlwind since I got a role in the Renaissance Festival. I am taking a moment to catch my breath, and catch up on my blog. Speaking of, I may start posting about Ren Fest, because quite honestly, it is a HUGE chunk of my time.
But I am grateful that it is keeping me busy and occupied. It takes so much of my thought processes, that I don’t have as much time to mourn my father.
I have had multiple fittings with my seamstress. She is doing a most excellent job making sure that my dress fits me correctly, and the fabrics go so well together. Would you like to see a picture? Maybe just a teaser.
I am very grateful for the people I have been working with. They are all extremely supportive and funny and kind and it just makes everything so much easier. (508) I have been given multitudes of compliments. (509) I have been able to help others. (510) It has just been a wonderful experience so far, even if I have been very busy.
May 28: 3 gifts in today’s work
- A sense of accomplishment, of pride in completion. (511)
- An introspection that has been needed. (512)
- Problem solving. (513)
May 29: A gift at 8 am, 12 pm, 8 pm
- A warm cup of coffee. (514)
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with love by Little Bit (515)
- Snuggles before bed. (516)
May 30: 3 gifts blue
- My dress is blue and makes me happy. (517)
- My friend Kelly gave me a blue hair clip. (518)
- Cobalt blue salt and pepper shakers that I got on a trip. They were the first thing I bought for us to have as a married couple. (519)
May 31: 3 gifts you gave today
- I helped someone with their panic attack. (520)
- I helped someone see from a different point of view. (521)
- I gave myself some slack and allowed myself to “fail.” (522)
June 1: 3 gifts orange
- Tangelos. I know it sounds funny, but I love tangelos (523)
- Orange smelling dish soap. (524)
- Sunny D. It’s the best “juice” out there that all of us will drink. (525)
June 2: 3 gifts funny
- Shel Silverstein’s poem “Boa constrictor.” (526)
- Being called “Miranda” at the Modern Feast. (527)
- Telling funny jokes. (528) Even if they are my Daddy’s corny jokes. (529)
June 3: 3 gifts from today’s conversations
- I am still “Mom” not “friend.” (530)
- I can work towards getting stronger. (531)
- Making new friends is fun. (532)
- The opportunity to pray for a friend. (533)
I really need to go. I’m getting very sleepy, and tomorrow is a busy day. We have to finish getting the girls ready for camp, and I have to finish costume parts for Saturday, which is my first parade. Yay! I hope my feet and legs make it.
Have a blessed evening, and good night.