February 16, 2010

This has been an interesting day. I didn’t sleep real well last night. I seem to take a while to get into a “normal” sleeping routine with Dale gone. It’s just not the same without him here. But not sleeping well translates into a rough start to my morning. I’m just not a morning person.

Which is why when ADT got here for an installation this morning at 8:07, I was surprised. Usually, when a company gives you a slot (8 to 10, 12 to 4, 8 to 12, etc) I tend to be around that entire time. More often than not, they will show up at the back end of that slot. My slot today was 8 to 10, and the technician showed up at 8:07. Woohoo! Oh, and the technician let Sweet Pea watch and explained things to her. He was very efficient and very polite.
We gave Nana the last of her antibiotic today. Which is good. I was getting tired of getting it down her. She figured out how to get it out of the hot dog. I had to mix it up in some mashed potatoes to get it down her.
There’s mud. A lot of mud. My white dog will come in mud colored from running in the backyard with Sweet Pea. I’m ready for some grass back there. Not to mention Sweet Pea’s and Little Bit’s snow boots. Apparently Little Bit got stuck in the mud.
I did something brave. Well for me at least. I made a phone call that I was dreading, and it all came out okay. At least so far.
We put our maps up. I got two brand new maps at Office Max. One is a map of the USA, and one is a map of the world. My goal is to ask people to send us postcards. Whenever we get a postcard, we will put a pin in that location. I’m actually very excited about this project. My hope is that Little Bit will understand exactly how far away Daddy is.
Which reminds me. I need to go mark off another day on the calendar wall.
I couldn’t figure out how to do a countdown of days that Dale will be gone so Little Bit could see and understand. Last time, we did a jellybean jar, but it turns out that Sweet Pea didn’t remember it at all. I was thinking paper chains, but I couldn’t figure out where to put them. The media room at church had all these paper squares cut out for a project, about 2×3 inches. They are up on our dining room wall. They are semi color coded. They are in rows by months. And we are marking them off one day at a time. Because that’s the only way I’ll get through this. I’ll try to get a good picture later.
Well, I’m fairly tired tonight. I want to go take the dog back out before I fall asleep. I’ll talk to you later, loves. Thanks for listening. Sometimes, all I need to do is just ramble and get my thoughts out. But you don’t mind, do you?
Love and Hugs,

One thought on “February 16, 2010

Comments are closed.