Working on Hula Huts

Well, I’ve been working on my Hula Huts wallhanging. I tried to “tone down” the way too cloudy background, and I’ve added a bit of quilting to the sky.

Here’s the overall picture.This shows some of my problems with it. I basically appliqued a new background on. I did my best, but I still messed up on cutting it too short.
Or I cut it too wide around the sun. But I like the sun rays.
This is probably the worst mess up on my cutting the background.
Yeah, this was fun. I like my clouds, but I’m really hoping this mistake is okay. I was distracted when I started cutting, and instead of cutting the house away from the background, I was cutting the background away from the house. I hope it looks okay.

Here’s a different picture of the quilting. I don’t know. It’s supposed to be for the silent auction at the quilt show, but I’m tempted to keep it. Mainly because my “fix” didn’t turn out too well. I don’t know. I still have a month. Sort of.

Hugs,
Melinda

Advertisements