Time for the Budget Stretcher Meal edition of Menu Plan Monday. First off though, isn’t the new header just absolutely great! It cracks me up. I love smileys and this one is just too cute.
Okay, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, I realized I had $50 in my grocery budget and still had to shop for one week of menus. In desperation, I asked a message board how to make my budget go further. They gave me a TON of menus to make my money stretch further. This week… we’re trying them out. 🙂
- Monday: Ham fried rice, Pizza Casserole
- Tuesday: Chicken stir fry, Chili
- Wednesday: Chicken Noodle Casserole, Hamburger Pinwheels
- Thursday: Chicken Fried Rice, Fettuccini Alfredo
- Friday: Hamburger Casserole, Leftovers
- Saturday: Macaroni with Ham, Homemade Chicken and Noodles.
Of course all of this is subject to change. Dale will be working two jobs, and doesn’t have a consistent schedule yet. I’m hoping that this will also give me enough for him to take some of the leftovers to work instead of those nasty microwave meals he’s been eating.
Happy Dinner! 😀