They’re here! They’re here! They’re here! My writer friends from all over the United States. They are in Kansas City this weekend. Unfortunately, I can’t be a part of the FMF Writers Retreat, because I have to work and do Ren Fest things. But I hope and pray that they are collecting new sites and sounds and memories that will hold them through the years.
I have really enjoyed my time writing with FMF. I have collected more thoughts and words than I ever thought I had. I have collected the title of writer. I have collected new friends. I have collected an over abundance of ideas.
I wish I could be with them at the retreat. But since I can’t, then I will collect my pennies for the next retreat. (Next year, Kate? Please?) 😀
I will collect memories and stories that they share. I will hold their words close to my heart. I will pray for their time in my city. I will pray that their hearts do not collect sadness but joy.
I love my collection of writer friends. Happy writing my dear friends! Enjoy your weekend. 😀
This post is part of Five Minute Fridays, a collection of writers who write on a one word prompt for five minutes at a time. This week’s word was collect.
Photo by Clem Onojeghuo on Unsplash
I have to post a double amount today. We’ve been at VBS all week, plus I’ve been working a lot this week. (I’m scheduled for 35 hours this week.) Add into the mix of Ren Fest stuff, and you can see why I needed to go to bed early last night. lol
Reasons I love Dale:
14. He gives great hugs. And he gives them without hesitation.
15. He is a good kisser. Sorry if that grosses you out, but I think it’s important in a marriage.
16. He doesn’t mind snuggling with Little Bit and Boo on the couch.
17. He’s strong. He doesn’t always remember how strong he is. But He’s got a lot of strength in his arms.
18. He’s protective of me. He has watched me like a hawk ever since I got sick right after Boo was born.
19. He’s very logical. Maybe to a fault sometimes, but he balances out my irrationality fairly well.
I’m done for tonight. I’ll try to think of three more for tomorrow. While this project is slightly challenging, it is helping me change my thinking processes towards my husband. It also helps that I have an “in real life” friend that is keeping me accountable. (Hi K.)
If you are facing difficulties, I would like to encourage you to try this exercise. Keep a gratitude journal. 3 things every day. You might be surprised.
Forgiveness is an important aspect of any marriage. I thought I was going to have an issue writing tonight, because I got hurt again. But part of my therapy is recognizing when I’m overreacting. Not in those words, but that. So tonight, I give you another list of three things I’m thankful for.
8. Dale has soft hair. I like running my fingers through it.
9. I like holding his hand. It’s strong, and makes me happy.
10. He knows how to say I’m sorry. And he’s willing to do so when he’s in the wrong.
11. He always lets me know when he’s running late.
12. He crinkles his whole face and his eyes when he smiles.
13. He has a nice smile.
Alright. I’m headed out to rehearsal tonight. This season has been tough on me.
There’s a hard truth I’m having to face right now in this job search. It’s hard to get the right job if you don’t have experience. But it’s hard to get experience without a job.
I’m at a job fair right now. It’s a job fair for sales reps. But actually, I think it would be more accurate to say, it’s almost like speed dating type interviews to see if you’re a good candidate for a real interview. I don’t believe I’ve ever told anyone before that I am not the right person for their job.
That’s actually the crux of the whole matter. I don’t want a job. I want a career. I want something I can do for the rest of my life and enjoy doing that work. I want to love where I work and love what I’m working on.
But I don’t know what that is. Is it, go back to school to become a teacher, try to find something in theater, go back to school for something science related, or go into one part of the IT world? I don’t know. But that’s my issue. I don’t know what I want, so I can’t find the job to go with it.
Here’s to finding the perfect career, whatever that may be!
Day 2 of learning to respect my husband again. I’m very sleepy. It’s been a long day at work and VBS, but I need to train myself to do this everyday. So I’m going to make it short and sweet.
4. He enjoys musicals and classical music.
5. He is a comfortable shoulder to cry on.
6. He makes me laugh. Even when I don’t want to. I tell the “dad jokes,” but he is just corny.
7. He is supportive in my search for a new career.
Alright. Time for bed or something….